Labels

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Miscellaneous firewall forward and cockpit work: 4 hours


  • Used template to drill holes for glareshield edge trim
  • Installed battery cables. I used silicone terminal boots on the "hot" battery connections.
  • Used the Dremel tool to carefully grind two half circles in the edge of the instrument panel to let the lighting wires pass through.
  • Made a flared tube piece to connect the brake reservoir with the firewall fitting. I think this will work fine but I'm also considering having a short hose segment made when I have my other firewall forward hoses done.
  • Fitted the right landing gear leg into the engine mount. This took a while to figure out and involved cleaning up the inside of the engine mount and removing powdercoat from the gear leg. The Dremel plus the scotchbrite wheel made this easy. I also reamed the bolt holes with a .311 reamer for a close fit on the AN-5 bolt.


Right gear fitted - left should go much faster...

Brake reservoir firewall line:

Notch for panel light wires with half grommet:

Battery cables installed:

Drilling glareshield trim template: