Labels

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Solved VPX connection and upgraded GTN 650 software: 2 hours


  • I found that the VPX was working but not communicating with the G3X display. I reviewed all the configuration settings then checked the wiring. I found that I had two of the RS-232 pins in the wrong spot. Once I corrected this the VPX data displayed on the G3X MFD. 
  • I downloaded the latest software for the GTN 650 on my PC then transferred it to an SD card - all very straight forward.
  • Everything went well with the upgrade except for the WAAS GPS section it turns out the GPS antenna has to be connected and is also updated. 
  • I went ahead and made the cable for the GPS antenna and connected it - then the software update went fine.


VPX electrical page on G3X and software update on GTN 650: