Labels

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Tested G3X aux power circuit and more wiring: 6 hours


  • Ran the wire from the left hot battery bus to the G3X aux power switch and the G3X aux power fuse block.
  • Temporarily installed G3X PFD and MFD displays and made some adjustments to wiring bundles
  • Put a temporary CAN bus terminator on the roll servo wiring
  • Connected my test battery to the left hot battery bus and turned on the G3X aux power  switch - everything powered up perfectly. Both displays booted up and I got flashing green leds on the ADAHRS and the GEA 24 engine interface which indicates good network communication.
  • I upgraded the software for both G3X displays and the PFD automatically upgraded the software for the ADAHRS - very easy.
  • I spent a fair amount of time playing with the G3X system - I'm impressed with all the capabilities!
  • I started working on the final wiring for the VPX which involves wiring for the battery contactors and the switches that are hooked to the VPX.
  • I ran wires for the main and aux battery contactor and the starter annunciator.
  • I also built up a wire to monitor aux battery voltage which requires a resistor to be soldered in line.

G3X looks great!:

G3X aux power and aux battery voltage leads on the left hot battery bus: