Labels

Friday, November 3, 2017

Wiring progress: 8 hours

The following was done over two days:

  • After some reserach I soldered the connector for the ELT panel remote and ran shielded wire for ELT to wing root. Also used E6000 (shoe goo) to help strengthen the connection.
  • I received another small order from Stein Air so I was able to install the locking switches for the engines computers and ignition coils.
  • I also received more connectors so I finished the wiring for the defog fans and the starter arm and push to start switch.
  • Tested starter circuit - works great. I also added E6000 to the soldered starter switches to guard against vibration.
  • Used E6000 to glue rubber channel to bottom of instrument panel edges
  • Researched and corrected wiring for autopilot roll servo. The original wiring was for a the Garmin 305 autopilot control panel. Since I decided to just go with touch screen controls the wiring needed to be changed. It is actually much cleaner now.
  • I decided to run the roll servo wiring from the panel out to the wing so I don't have to put a connector at the wing root and I can test the system / servo before the wing is mounted.


Autopilot roll servo wiring:

Connected pitch trim position wires, almost ready to connect autopilot servo wires:

Starter arm and push to start circuit tested:

Soldering ELT panel remote connector: