Labels

Monday, November 6, 2017

Finished wiring for heated seats: 8 hours


  • My seats from Classic Aero Designs include heating elements for the back and bottom. I committed to putting the seat heater switches on the panel early. This made the wiring a little more tricky due to the design of the seat heaters which are made for automotive after market. I spent a fair amount of time figuring out the best way to route the wires and locate the relays.
  • I ended up replacing all the connectors with micro molex and almost all the wire with mil spec tefzel.
  • The way the system is laid out requires quite a bit of wire. I ran four 18 gauge wires for each seat. 
  • I ended up locating the relays for the heaters on the fuselage floor ribs. (The relays allow for two temperature settings.)
  • The seat heaters will be a nice feature when the temps drop.
Changing out the connectors on a seat back:

Seat heater connectors and relay:

Right seat heater panel switch connector: