Labels

Monday, May 15, 2017

Firewall items: 6 hours


  • Fabricated adapter plate for oil cooler mount on firewall.
  • Marked the firewall with the standard locations for the throttle, mixture and propeller control penetrations. After looking at the oil cooler mount and the control layout I have decided to not make any permanent holes until I can temporarily hang the the engine and make sure everything will fit properly. I will finish these current firewall items then switch to working on more empennage items, rigging and avionics wiring. After that it will be time to get the engine out of its crate!
  • I spent some time modifying the battery boxes with a bolt down aluminum bar to securely hold the battery. I made a lot of progress and I'm happy with the results.


Battery boxes have been trimmed and I fabricated brackets for the hold down bar:

Firewall oil cooler mount: