Labels

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Level fuselage and check wing sweep: 3.5 hours

  • Used my digital level to level the fuselage in all axes. The stand for the fuselage has adjustable legs. Getting everything right took about an hour.
  • Set up plumb bobs and checked wing sweep. Initial results were a bit of forward sweep on each wing. 
  • The left wing had some room for adjustment and could simply be re-positioned.
  • The right wing was already as far as it would go so I removed the pins and with Britt's help slid the wing out a few inches. Then I trimmed about 1/16" off of the aft spar.
  • I re-leveled the fuselage and wings, adjusted the plumb bobs and everything came out dead on.

All plumb bobs aligned =  no wing sweep!

Getting ready to trim the right aft wing spar:

Right wing had about 1/4" forward sweep:

String and plumb bobs to line everything up:

I used my laser plumb bob to verify alignment with the fuselage:

I'm happy that my QB fuselage has zero twist fore and aft:

Everything leveled: