Labels

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Inverted oil system hose and windscreen

I was not happy the appearance of the bulge I installed in the cowling to allow room for the routing of my oil return hose from the half Raven inverted oil system. I was either looking at major rework on the bulge or hose reroute. I found that a 180 degree fitting would allow a different hose route and not require any cowling change. I watched the EAA video on making your own hoses and ordered parts from Summit Racing.

Here is the key 180 fitting and the 10AN braided hose with the new route:

The hose is just for draining oil back to the sump. The Raven sump fitting is also protected by a standpipe in case of hose failure. 

These tools made the process easy: no mar aluminum adjustable AN wrench and vice jaws, also the ice pick and modified pliers make adel clamps very easy to install.

Glareshield paint turned out nice:

After priming glareshield:

Windscreen ready for install. 

I will use some weight on the center of the windscreen and the temporary clips on the sides for the initial Sikaflex application.

Getting closer:

A lot of on and off and iterative sanding with my small belt sander.

Initial fitting:

I also did some reinforcements on the wheel pants: