Labels

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Static line routing and fuselage conduits: 5 hours

I got everything prepared to route the static system tubing from the T connector forward and down the aft left side of the baggage bulkhead. This involved drilling a hole for a snap bushing and pop riveting several wire tie clips in the fuselage skin stiffeners. To get the static line down the bulkhead I fabricated 5 small brackets out of .040 aluminum sheet. I used flush rivets to attach the brackets to the bulkhead and then pop riveted the wire tie clips to the brackets.

I'm installing 2 sections of conduit in the cabin area because the floors are not removable. These conduits will carry some of the tubes and wires with plenty of room left over for future items. The static line will go in the left conduit along with the adsb antenna cable.

I copied another builders design and made 4 brackets to support the 3/4" conduit. I also drilled the 3/4" holes for the conduits in the two cabin bulkheads.

Clips for the static line down the baggage bulkhead:

 

Conduit brackets ready to be cut out:

 

Finished brackets:

 

The holes in the second bay from each side are for the conduits.