Labels

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Cabin conduits and seat belt work: 6 hours

I installed the brackets for the conduits using pop rivets. I then pulled the conduit through and secured it with some gray rtv. This is the same procedure used for the left wing conduit.

I then worked on installing the mounts for the left seat crotch strap for the 5 point Crow harnesses. This was more involved than I anticipated. There was some helpful info on the VAF forums but it still took a while to figure out the best way to locate everything.

Everything went well with the aft bracket. Unfortunately the forward bracket was damaged while enlarging a hole for a number 8 screw when the top of the piece flexed and the drill put a sizable gouge in it.

I continued with the forward bracket for the right side and ordered a new part from Vans. (For only $10)

 

Cabin conduits finished:

 

Lining up the left side crotch strap brackets: