Labels

Friday, May 23, 2014

Finished rudder and brake pedals: 8 hours

I got the anodized brake pedal parts back and they turned out great. They have a nice matte finish.

I used the hand squeezer and riveted the brake pedal parts into brake pedals. I used riveting tape and cleco boots to protect the finish.

I had to adjust (bend) the tabs a little on the steel rudder pedal components to get a good fit with the assembled brake pedals. I also spent a good bit of time drilling my four long mounting bolts for cotter pins. All the brake pedal components use castle nuts and cotter pins.

The rest of the time was spent fitting all the master cylinders. Everything turned out great and the rudder / brake pedal assembly is ready to be bolted in at the appropriate time.

 

The completed assembly:

 

Very happy with the results:

 

Breaking in the bolt drilling jig:

 

All riveting complete:

 

First time to use the cleco boots (yellow) to protect the finish while riveting:

The anodizing turned out nice: