Labels

Friday, January 6, 2017

Misc fitting work: 3 hours


  • Riveted the connector plate to the vertical stabilizer front spar. All went well except for one rivet which had to be redone.
  • I had a metal fabrication shop weld the bearing bolt hole on the elevators closed so they could be re-drilled to the new horizontal stabilizer. (More detail on this when I fit the elevators.)
  • To get ready to fit the flaps I need to be able to run the flap actuator up and down so I went ahead and ran the flap wires.
  • I twisted the wires using a hand drill after watching the Steinair.com video. It worked great. I also crimped on the female molex pins (also reviewed Steinair's video for that).


Flap wiring molex connector:

Nicely twisted flap power wires, test battery and my new flap actuator rods from Cleaveland Tool:

Vertical stab connector plate riveted on: