Labels

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Finished up panel and small parts painting plus instrument panel labels: 8 hours

The following items were done over several days:

Unfortunately the  instrument panel ended up with a good bit of dust spots and other defects. I wet sanded it  with 800 grit, prepped and recoated with 3 coats of the matte epoxy. This turned out very well. I also gave the same treatment to the vent brackets and the engine control bracket.

I was on a painting kick so I gathered up all the small miscellaneous parts involving the canopy and interior. These included the control sticks, canopy slide rail, various canopy handles and latches, and more. These parts got prepped and sprayed with primer, satin black, or left bare metal for clear coating. Everything got a final coat of gloss or matte epoxy. I'm happy with the results for all of it.

For labeling the canopy I have decided to have front panel express make placard out of anodized aluminum. I think this will look great and can be changed in the future if necessary. All the panel design was done on there software so I have all the data to lay out the placards. I have spent several hours on the computer laying these out.

Small parts painting:

Interior canopy latch handle and slider rail: