Labels

Monday, June 30, 2014

Servo bracket, bell crank, and ADS-B antenna work: 8.3 hours

I got the bracket for my Garmin autopilot pitch servo installed. This involved removing 4 rivets from the fuselage structure, match drilling the bracket and then re-riveting - all in the tight space of the aft fuselage. It took a while but turned out good.

I also assembled the elevator bell crank. This was a straight forward process and went quickly. I also fitted the bell crank which involved making some spacers out of aluminum tube.

Following that I started working on the ADS-B antenna install that will connect to the Garmin GDL-39R and provide real time air traffic and weather data to the G3X Touch PFD. This involved making a doubler to strengthen the skin where the antenna will be installed and drilling the doubler to the belly skin.

Pitch servo bracket finished:

Checking bell crank bearing spacer fit:

Match drilling antenna doubler through belly skin:

 Finished elevator bell crank: