Labels

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Aft fuselage work and some cockpit painting: 8 hours

I got a lot of miscellaneous items done in the aft fuselage. A lot of it involved running the wiring for the pitch trim servo and the tail position / strobe led light.

I drilled pass through holes then installed snap bushings. After that I installed a number of Click Bond wire tie mounts. These are really nice (and expensive) cable tie mounts that require no drilling and fasten on with a super strong acrylic adhesive. They have a neat fixture that keeps pressure on them while they cure. They are made for certified aircraft and they work great. I will be using Click Bond nut plates to attach my wing tips.

After the Click Bond adhesive cured I went ahead and ran the wire from the tail to the baggage wall opening. I left plenty of extra in the tail for connecting to the pitch trim and led strobe.

After this was done I went ahead and installed the cables that the shoulder harnesses will attach to. I also got the static air line installed as far as the baggage wall.

Along with this I prepped, taped off and painted the interior fuselage skin area that is beside the rudder pedals. My Classic Aero side panels won't cover this and it's not very noticeable but I think it was worth painting it.

Aft fuselage wiring and static line: 

 Click Bond wire tie mounts curing:

 Static line and shoulder harness cable:

Forward lower cockpit area after painting:

Ready to paint: