Labels

Monday, March 3, 2014

Started on BRS install and unpacked new goodies: 3 hours

I spent a fair amount of time prepping for the BRS parachute install. I came up with a few questions that I want to get answered before I cut the large opening in the side of the fuselage for the parachutes egress panel!

I did get the frame for the egress panel rough fitted.

In general I have a good feeling for the rest of the sequence of the install after carefully studying the instructions and parts. Once I hear back from the BRS engineer I will be ready to start cutting.

I did get to have some fun unpacking and inspecting my external antennae and seat belt system.

The antennae came from Delta Pop Aviation and are popular in the RV community. They look great, have a great reputation and the prices are very reasonable. All my external antennae will be mounted on the belly under the cockpit area.

I also unpacked my seat belts which are better described as five point crew restraint systems. They are from Crow Enterprizes whose primary business is making seat belts / restraints for race cars. One advantage of the Crow harness is that it is much lighter than the competing system.

 

Fuselage top skin temporarily in place to check egress panel location:

 

Fitting egress panel frame:

 

External antennae: (left to right - comm, transponder, adsb data)

 

Seat belts look great!