Labels

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Frame permanently attached and more: 5 hours

I got the egress frame for the parachute bonded on with the recommended E6000 (aka Goop) adhesive. I then used the hand squeezer rivet the panel in place. The final riveting will be done when I rivet the top skin in place.

Once the frame was clamped and riveted in place to cure I started working on the lower reinforcement plate. This is an external plate which beefs up the structure for the rear parachute riser attach point. There are 2 large brackets inside the fuselage which will be bolted to the plate and fuselage. The brackets that hold the Kevlar suspension are held in place by large 5/16" bolts. Unfortunately the heads of the bolt are on the outside of the aircraft. A little fairing to cover this area would be nice.

I also unpacked the nice large air vents and usb power ports for the panel I ordered from Stein Air.

 

Eyeball air vents and one of the panel mount usb power ports:

 

Egress frame curing:

 

Match drilling the angles to the external plate:

 

Fitting the external plate:

 

Many #8 screws and bolts tie the external plate to the structure.