Labels

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

BRS parachute fairing work:


  • I decided to work on the parachute harness fairings because the harness passes through the edge of the cowling and affect where some of the cowling fasteners are located.
  • One challenge was the thickness and routing of the rear parachute harness. I could not get the fairing to fit over it and fit correctly. I emailed BRS and an engineer actually called me within and hour and suggested some solutions. Very nice customer service!


Mocking up left side fairings:

The harness that runs under the right side of this fairing is the problem. It's very thick. I'm in the process of sanding the inside of the fairing for more space. I'm also using a heat gun on the fairing to help the fit.

I marked off where the fairing goes in relation to the cowl so I can plan the skybolt tabs:

This is the problem harness. I have since moved it behind the bolt head and the fit is getting closer.