Labels

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Propeller Installed:

Looking more airplane like!

It took a while to get the prop bolts initially tightened. I will torque and safety wire at a later date:

The shop crane made it easy to install the prop solo:


Inside the crank shaft after cleaning (Getting the crankshaft plug out took a lot of effort. My friend Frost and I tried to punch a hole and pry it out but we did not make much progress. After more research I used the two hammer method. A ball peen hammer up against the plug then hit it with another hammer while wearing safety glasses. Three hits and the plug popped out):

I raised the tail to help drain the preservative oil from the crankshaft:

Spinner back plate mounted:

Test fitting spinner back plate

Match drilling spinner back plate:

New SDS billet aluminum valve covers. O-ring seal, slightly lighter, also look very nice!