Labels

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Aft elevator pushrod, interior lighting: 3.4 hours


  • Finished aft elevator pushrod
  • Fitted the pushrod ends to the tube
  • Measured and drilled ends and tube for blind rivets
  • I tried priming the mating surfaces of the pushrod ends and tube but the primer was too thick. I ended up removing the primer and using my alodine pen - worked great
  • Riveted ends on pushrod
  • Prepped, primed and clear coated pushrods
  • Tested LED strips and PWM dimmers
  • Measured current draw and all 4 strips aft of the instrument panel only draw 1.5 amps on full bright
I have been reading up on interior paint and some guys like to just spray a clear gloss coat over the primer. I like the primer color so I thought I would experiment with this look on the pushrods. The clear also gives them an extra layer of protection. Initial results are promising.



Drilling pushrod tube and ends for blind rivets:

Clear coating various pushrods: