Labels

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Interior arrived! - Changing paint color!: 2 hours

I received my Aviator heated seats and Sportsman side panels from Classic Aero Design. Unfortunately Fedex damaged the right seat back in shipping so it has to go back to Classic Aero for repair.

The damage was a cut in the side of the seat back that was about an inch long but the seats were expensive and I want them perfect ... at least to start out with.

Other than the shipping damage everything from Classic Aero looks great. The quality is top notch.

Once I laid out and inspected all the pieces I realized that I was not happy with the Majik Ford Tractor Gray color and my interior colors. After a lot of thought I decided I would have to remove the paint from the pieces I had done.

I went ahead and got started on the paint removal. Fun!

I had some help with the inspection:

This is a good color comparison. Ford Tractor Gray on left. The piece on the right is the primer I use. I think it looks much better than the Tractor Gray.

Seat damage  (thanks to Fedex for the hassle)