Labels

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Rudder and brake pedals, also riveted static ports: 7 hours

I spent some time locating various parts that make up the rudder and brake pedal assembly.

I then spent the majority of the time fabricating the brake pedal brackets out of aluminum angle. I also spent a large amount of time deburring and cleaning up these parts and the actual brake pedals. Since I'm going with dual brakes there are a total of 12 brackets that had to be made for the four brake pedals

When Britt arrived home from work she was nice enough to crawl into the back of the fuselage and help me rivet the static ports on.

This should be the last of any tricky riveting for a while.

 

Britt is always a good sport.

 

A lot of work for 3 rivets a side.

 

Drilling brake pedal parts:

 

All the brake pedal parts done, working on cleaning up the pedals: