Labels

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Riveting and static port prep: 4.3 hours

I did a little research and determined that I could go ahead and rivet the skin to the longerons forward of the upper skin piece I just finished. This went fast and turned out good.

I did more research and got the 1/4" holes for the static ports located and drilled. This involved going through 3 sizes of drill bits then a reamer to get a good fit. After that I located the 3 rivet holes one each static port and drilled those into the aft fuselage.

Other static port prep included the usual deburring and dimpling then I countersinked the static port fittings for riveting. I also primed the mating surfaces of the port fittings and the inside of the fuselage.

 

Static port fittings ready for priming:

 

Static port hole and rivet holes in aft fuselage: