Labels

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Priming, static system research, riveting: 9.5 hours

I got the seat back adjuster parts and modified reinforcement plates prepped and primed.

I started to rivet various rivets that are left open on the sides of f705 bulkhead (where the seat back adjusters are mounted). I got off on a tangent when I tried to figure out if I needed any additional holes for the static system air line before riveting. I burned a lot of time researching this but I think I have a good handle on how I want to route the static air line now. This is one area that Van's instructions are fairly vague on.

I finished riveting the f705 bulkhead and the f757 reinforcement plates. Some of the f705 rivets are very tight so I opted for Cherrymax structural blind rivets in several spots rather than risk a bad driven rivet that would be very tricky to drill out.

 

F757 plate on the F705 bulkhead (the tricky rivets were below the plate and tucked inside the canopy deck):

 

The first part of the seat back adjusters ready to be riveted: