Labels

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

BRS parachute kit and new engine mount arrived!: 2 hours

My new longer engine mount arrived from Van's while I was at work (thanks to Britt for picking it up at Fedex). I got the new mount unpacked and everything looked good. It's about two inches longer than my original mount which should help offset the aft weight of the parachute system. Van's has been great about this whole motor mount swap. The mount is $1200 but Van's is letting me swap it for no charge other than shipping.

While I was packing up my old mount to ship back to Van's the first shipment from BRS arrived. I had time to unpack the two boxes and take a quick look. Everything seemed to be very high quality and well thought out. I'm excited to start working on installing it. The only part of the install kit that was back ordered was the fiberglass fairings that cover the suspension lines. I will order the actual parachute and rocket when the aircraft is close to flight ready.

As far as actual work on the fuselage I did get some countersinking and a few rivets done in the cockpit / baggage area.

 

New motor mount in the box:

 

Parachute install kit looks great!

 

Parachute container and rocket mount: