Labels

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fuselage and finishing kit arrived: 2 hours

My fuselage and finishing kit showed up today!

We are leaving for Oshkosh this afternoon so the timing worked out great. It would have been a real hassle if we had been gone when it all showed up.

The tractor trailer rig was unable to make the curves and hills in my neighborhood so Britt and I took my little trailer and met the driver.

The driver was very accommodating and made two trips back and forth to the house to get everything unloaded. I also spent an extra half hour with the driver afterwards helping him relocate an RV-12 wing that he was transporting.

As usual Britt was a great help and the whole process went very well.

 

Made it to my trailer:

 

It was a short drive to the house:

 

The last 50 feet were interesting:

 

This crate was harder to deal with than the fuselage. It was 330lbs and very awkward with just three people.

 

Looks good:

 

The garage is filling up!