Labels

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Finished riveting skins and prepped structure: 8.6 hours

Pulled a fairly long work session today to reach my 60 hour per month goal.

I was able to get the other set of stiffeners back riveted on to the skin. I also temporarily assembled the rudder and match drilled all rivet holes. I then spent some time trimming and fitting the rudder brace and making some attachment strips to attach fiberglas pieces later in the build.

After all that I disassembled the rudder and started deburring all the rivet holes. I have several more hours of this then I will be dimpling the holes so they will be ready to rivet.


Rudder spars, ribs, brace and counterbalance skin (blue).
 
Tip ribs with counter balance skin.
 
Right skin temporarily attached for drilling.
 
Almost all the pieces.
 
Fitting the attachment strips (rudder brace on left).