Labels

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Wingtip lights, landing gear leg fairings and parachute knockout panel


I finished a new knockout panel for the BRS parachute. I used the original panel as a template and made a new one that exactly fits my installation.

Knockout panel temporarily in place (after the parachute and rocket are installed the knockout panel is secured in place with silicone so it will easily depart the aircraft if the rocket is fired.):

Right landing gear leg fairing hinge glued with G-flex and riveted:

Drilling the hinge to the outboard side of the right landing gear leg fairing:

I sanded down the filler I had put around the recess where the nav / strobe light lenses mount. I put some protective wrap over the lenses and stored the wingtips for now.

I reinforced the cut out area that gets clamped to the landing gear leg with one layer of fiberglass tape and G-flex epoxy.

Left fairing hinge glued and riveted:

Drilling the left fairing:

Drilling the first hinge half: