Labels

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Cowling work with a bit of instrument panel and BRS fairing

After numerous rounds of fitting, removing the cowl, trimming and sanding I have the initial bottom cowl fitting done. I believe that everything is where I want it to start installing the Skybolt fasteners and prepare for a lot of fiberglass finishing work.

I took some time to experiment with a couple of coats of the Rage Xtreme body filler on my parachute harness fairing. I'm very happy with it so far. Very easy to work with and great results! I plan on using it on all the fiberglass.

Nice to have the garage open to work! 
  
For a diversion from the cowl I spent some time and got the placard / access panel done on the instrument panel:

I needed the placard and this extra access will make it easier to do hook everything up!

I carefully cut the hole with the Dremel after drilling the corners with a step bit:


One advantage of doing the panel with a CAD program is being able to print out a template to keep everything lined up: