Labels

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Took delivery of the engine!: 1.5 hours

My brand new Lycoming XIO-360 was waiting on me at the Fedex Freight terminal when I returned from training.

Britt helped me get the trailer ready then I drove to Mills River to pick it up.

The Fedex staff were very friendly and helpful. The engine box and pallet were in pristine condition. Loading up at Fedex was quick and easy with their forklift.

The drive would have made me a little nervous with the expensive engine but I had increased my insurance policy on the project a few days earlier to cover the engine.

Back at the house Britt and I very carefully unloaded the 350lb engine crate. Everything worked out great. Looking forward to hanging the engine this winter.

 

Arrived in great shape:

 

The garage is filling up!